Monday, April 27, 2015

A Fear And A Dream: Part 2

This blog is entitled A Fear And A Dream referencing To Write Love On Her Arms's Fears vs Dreams campaign. This campaign encourages people to ask themselves, 'What's your biggest fear? What's your greatest dream?' (Fears vs. Dreams)

I added "Part 2" because this is my second time using that title for a blog. Around a year and a half ago I traveled to France to study abroad for my junior year of college. It was both a fear and a dream of mine, hence the title. It was a fear because I would be spending ten months away from my family and friends (the longest I'd ever been away) and I was traveling to a country where I was nowhere close to being fluent in the main language spoken (even after I lived there for ten months, I still am not good at French). But, it was also a dream. I had wanted to study abroad for basically my entire life. That dream was finally realized.

I resurrected the name because 1. I am not creative enough to come up with a new title! And 2. because this title still applies to what I am doing. This coming year I will be serving with the Young Adult Service Corps, an international program through the Episcopal Church. And when I discerned that this was where God was calling me, I was scared (if we're being honest here, I still am). Scared because I did not know where I would be sent. Scared because I have to raise $10,000. Scared because I would be spending a year away from my family and missing some very important events in my friends' lives. But it is still a dream. I want to use the gifts that God has given me to work with people who have gifts different than the ones I've been given. And I am so excited to be granted the opportunity to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment