Monday, September 7, 2015

Hospitality, Part 1

I've been in France for almost two weeks now (can you believe it?!). I'm sorry for not writing sooner but I didn't know what to write about. "My apartment is starting to feel like home." "My lungs feel like they are going to burst when I walk up my stairs" (it's approximately 80 steps up a narrow, winding staircase). These things are true but they are sort of trivial. I've realized that what has really stood out to me these past two weeks is the incredible hospitality that I have experienced in my short time here.

I have been welcomed with open arms and fully embraced. In my first day multiple people came by to meet me and introduce themselves (which staved off jet lag, thankfully). I have heard more times than I can count that people are so excited that I am here. And it has been apparent. People have asked me with genuine concern how I'm settling in and if I need anything. It's only been two weeks and I feel like part of this community.

This is what I imagine Christian community should look like. Genuine excitement and enthusiasm for everyone that walks through our doors. Concern for people's well-being. A sense of being wanted. I think this is what we are all called to.



Oh, and here are a few pictures.

The Cathedral


View from the Top

"My" Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment